Preparing for a move is complex, and you will need to take many things into consideration. For example, we discourage you to simply pack all your belongings, as this creates a huge chaos. We have created a list in order to prepare you for your move and will make the process a lot smoother.
How to prepare for a move:
- Make sure everything is packed in boxes
- Label the boxes with the new room where it needs to come
- Make sure all fragile objects are well packed and write on the boxes that it contains fragile objects. Use sufficient packing paper and create a soft base. For heavy/large glass and pottery, you may use bubble wrap.
- Make sure each box does not weight more than 18kg as our movers are not allowed to carry heavier boxes.
- Remove frying oil from the frying pan, even when it is solidified.
- Electricity and drilling jobs are not included, unless specifically stated. We do offer the possibility to hire a handyman
- Small paintings and frames should be wrapped in packing paper. For larger paintings (48x36), the mover will provide special boxes and packing materials.
- Small lamps should be packed in boxes. Remove the shaded of standing lamps and pack, electricity cables can be wrapped around the lamp.
- Make sure all hooks of all clothes hangers are facing the same side, the movers will bring wardrobe boxes.
- Long objects such as skirting, wood, or gardening equipment should be bundled with tape or ropes.
- Keep everything that will not be moved to the new place, in a separate place.
- In case you are missing something of in need of more information, please contact